THE ADVANTAGES AND DISADVANTAGES OF DPT TEST are discuss in this post. DPT test has many advantages and disadvantages. DPT is a test uses to identify the discontinuities of welding joints in the PEB members. It is a simple test. And it uses to detect the flaws in the PEB members.
The Pre Engineered Building (PEB) System is growing rapidly in almost all parts of the world. The use of PEB is highly economical. And Eco friendly. By the application of this we can save the natural resources. It has numerous advantages.
The joining and fixing of I-shape members makes as I-beams and the columns. These forms by welding the steel plates together. And connects through the bolts. And forms an entire frame of the Pre-engineered building.
It reduces the Construction cost and time of Mass buildings and Heavy structures. By application of this we can reduce mass pollution. And prevent mother nature.
The Welding is the major connection of members. These welding makes to connect the member strongly. It should be free from all the flaws.
This testing has many names like,
- The Liquid Penetrate Inspection
- The Penetration Testing
It is a simple test. And a easy test to identify the discontinuities in welding joints. Using this method all the surface defects and the flaws easily identifies and rectifies. This test carries out without difficulties. This is the oldest test for the PEB members.
ADVANTAGES AND DISADVANTAGES OF DPT TEST
THE ADVANTAGES OF DPT TEST
The Dye Penetration Testing has many advantages. The Advantages of Dye Penetration Testing are as follows,
- Low cost for performing the test
- Non toxic chemicals
- Eco friendly testing
- Minute Defects identifies quickly and accurately
- Low cost for the testing materials (Chemicals)
- Easily cleans after testing on the materials
- Complicated joints tests easily without difficulties
- Easily carries (Portable)
- Simple Producers
- Fine on the rough surfaces and welding joints
THE DISADVANTAGES OF DPT TEST
The Disadvantages of Dye Penetration Testing are as follows,
- Only the Surface flaws identifies
- Needs a proper Handling and disposal of the Chemicals
- Difficult to examine the Compact materials
- Difficult to identify the deep holes, porosity, cracks, in the welding joints
- Easily over washes.