Moisture Content of Wet And Dry Soil By Rapid Moisture Meter consists of various procedures. Moisture Content By Rapid Moisture Meter is use to determine the Moisture content / water content in Wet and Dry soil sample. It is a mobile system for measuring large verities of materials like soil, aggregates,etc.
With this rapid moisture meter the Moisture content / water content determines quickly. It determines by the gas pressure of Calcium Carbide using in it. The Calcium Carbide reacts with water in the sample. And it forms Acetylene gas. This increase the pressure inside the vessel.
The Moisture content / water content percentage observes in the dial gauge. And calculations computes to determine the moisture content / water content in soil sample.
Moisture Content of Wet And Dry Soil By Rapid Moisture Meter
Procedures for Determination of Moisture Content of wet and dry soil samples.
The wet and dry soil samples to determine the moisture content / water content is taken from soil collected with core cutter. No other special preparations requires for soil sample.
2. Quantity (Mass)
Take about six grams of wet / dry soil sample collects from the soil taken with core cutter. Take soil from the center portion of core cutter for accurate results. The mass of soil sample measures with a digital weighing scale or a counter balance present in rapid moisture meter kit.
- Clean the hollow space of pressure vessel and sealing cup. And ensure it is empty and clean.
- Use the cleaning brush to remove residues from previous tests.
- Put three numbers of 12.5 mm diameter steel balls along with one full spoon of calcium carbide in sealing cup.
- And wet / dry soil sample in the hollow space of pressure vessel.
- Seal the pressure vessel tightly with metallic sealing cup.
- Shake the Rapid Moisture Meter horizontally up and down continuously for five seconds.
- Again shake the Rapid Moisture Meter vertically forward and backward continuously for five seconds.
- After shaking horizontally & vertically hold the Rapid Moisture Meter for one minute.
- Note the dial gauge reading.
- Take three values and make an average reading.
The Rapid Moisture Meter reading noted as ( M ). Using this Rapid Moisture Meter ( M ), the water content / moisture content ( W ) calculates.
The water content / moisture content W calculates using a formula,
W=[ m / (100-m)] / 100%
M = Rapid Moisture Meter reading from dial gauge.
Using this rapid moisture meter the moisture content / water content of wet and dry soil sample computes.