The PROCEDURE FOR DPT TEST ON PEB MEMBERS are discuss in this post . The Pre Engineered Building( PEB )System is growing rapidly in almost all parts of the world . These are the steel buildings in which excess steel avoids . This complete building system is Pre Engineered. And to make the easy production. And easy assembly on the site.
The use of PEB is highly economical and Eco friendly. By the application of this we can save the natural resources. It has numerous advantages. The joining and fixing of I-shape members makes as I-beams and columns. These forms by welding the steel plates together. And connects through bolts. And forms an entire frame of the Pre-engineered building. It reduces the Construction cost and time of Mass buildings and Heavy structures. The Welding is the major connection of members. The welding makes to connect the member strongly. It should be free from all the Defects.
Dye Penetration Testing (DPT) is a test uses to identify the discontinuities in welding joints in PEB members. And uses to detect the cracks, fractures, pinholes, porosity, potholes, in the PEB members.
Dye Penetration Testing has many names like,
- The Liquid Penetrate Inspection
- The Penetration Testing
It is a simple test . And a easy test to identify the discontinuities in welding joints . And to detect the cracks, fractures, pinholes, porosity, potholes, in the PEB members . Using this method all the surface defects and the flaws are easily identify and rectify . This test carries out without difficulties . This is one of the oldest test
for identification of the cracks, fractures, pinholes, porosity, potholes, in PEB members .
PROCEDURE FOR DPT TEST ON PEB MEMBERS
The PROCEDURE FOR DPT TEST ON PEB MEMBERS are as follows,
- Pre Cleaning
- Drying After Cleaning
- Penetrant Application
- Removal of Excess Penetrant
- Developer Application
1. Pre Cleaning
- The specimen to test (PEB Member) cleans for applying of the Dye.
- It must be free from dirt, dust, paint, oil, grease, rust, and other foreign materials.
2. Drying After Cleaning
- The cleaned surface allows to dry for two to three minutes
3. Penetrant Application
- The penetrant applies to the surface of the PEB Member.
- Allow the penetrant to remain for three to five minutes on the member.
4. Removal of Excess Penetrant
- Remove the excess penetrant from the surface of the PEB Member.
- Make the penetrant sink into the cracks,pores,fractures, pinholes, porosity, potholes.
6. Developer Application
- Apply the white developer above the penetrant.
- Now the defects identifies.
- It is clearly visible on to the surface of PEB Member.