Procedures for Testing Width of Bricks is explains in this post. Bricks have different sizes & Dimensions. It possess plain rectangular faces with sharp edges or corners. And it possess uniform colour on all faces.
The main requirement of brick is that it has to free from, cracks, flaws. And free from foreign materials present inside it. The Physical dimension of brick is consider as major aspect.
Bricks possess standard dimension. There are two major types of bricks,
- Modular Bricks and
- Non-Modular Bricks
Standard Modular Bricks
The standard Modular Bricks has different dimensions compares to Non-Modular Bricks. The size of standard Modular Bricks are 190 mm length,110 mm width and 90, 40 mm height.
Standard Non-Modular Bricks
The standard Non – Modular Bricks has different dimensions compare to Modular Bricks. The size of standard Non-Modular Bricks are 230 mm length, 110 mm width and 70,30 mm height.
For making a uniform bond in-between bricks, Standard Modular Bricks and Non-Modular Bricks combines.
Procedures for Testing Width of Bricks
- Collect Twenty Bricks Randomly of same Consignment or same brand.
- Make sure It is free from damages, cracks, etc,.
- It must possess plain surface with proper size and sharp edges.
- Cut all extrudes or projections on sides of bricks.
- It must possess same colour throughout without any irregularity on each faces.
- Keep Twenty bricks in flat level ground surface.
- Arrange twenty bricks straight in width.
- It must be in contact with face of bricks in width.
- Make sure there is no gap between bricks for measuring the length.
- Measure bricks with a Measuring tape.
Tolerance for Width of bricks
A tolerance of 40 mm provides for width of Standard Modular Size brick. For twenty bricks the width is 1.8 M +/- 40 MM. ( 1.760 to 1.840 MM )
A tolerance of 40 mm provides for width of Standard Non – Modular Size brick. For twenty bricks the width is 2.2 M +/- 40 MM. ( 2.240 to 2.160 MM )