The RECTIFICATION OF FLAWS IN TRUSS USING DPT TEST discuss in this post. There are certain procedures and steps to identify the defects. This test carries to detect the cracks, fractures, pinholes, porosity, potholes, in the Truss. The Welding is the major connection of members. This connects the member strongly. It should be free from all the Defects. It is important to make sure that, all the welding makes properly without any defects.
The Cleaner, Penetrant and Developer are the three main materials for this DPT testing. These are all Non toxic chemicals. And Eco friendly materials. Using these Cleaner, Penetrant and the Developer DPT testing carries. This test performs to make sure that, all the welding makes properly without any defects. It is a simple test. And the easy test to identify the discontinuities in the welding joints.
Using this test all the surface defects are easily identify and rectify. This test carries out without difficulties. This is one of the oldest test for identification of the defects in welding in the truss. The identified defects rectifies for long life and durability of the truss. And to make sure that, the entire structure is safe for the services and the purpose for which it constructs.
RECTIFICATION OF FLAWS IN TRUSS USING DPT TEST
After carrying out all the testing procedures for identification of defects, the rectification process starts. There are certain repair methods for the improper welding.
The repairing methods for the defects and flaws in welding are as follows,
- The defects fix by chipping welding, and grinding.
2. The minor defects on the welding surface grinds and finishes.
3. The major imperfections welds and repairs.
4. The affected areas chips (Excavates) up to a minimum depth and welds again.
5. All the sharp notches, hollow gaps, holes, etc, grinds, welds and rectifies.
6. The affected and repaired areas welds again properly through the joints.
7. The undercut defects, welds again and finishes properly.
8. And after welding it grinds to obtain a complete and proper connections, without sharp notches, holes etc,.
9. The grinded areas paints properly for preventing rusting, etc.
These are some of the rectification methods and process for fixing of defects in the welding joints of truss.
Leave a Reply