The PROCEDURE FOR DPT TEST ON TRUSS discuss in this post. It is a low cost inspection method known as the Penetration Testing ( PT ). The Cleaner, the Penetrant and the Developer are the three main materials for this DPT testing. These are all the Non toxic chemicals. And Eco friendly materials. Using these Cleaner, the Penetrant and the Developer, the DPT testing carries out.
The TRUSS is a straight interconnected structural element, triangular in the shape. It makes by welding the multiple structural elements together to form a single component or a single Structure known as the Truss. It uses to carry the heavy loads and acts like a load transfer Structure.
For these reasons It is important to make sure all the welding at joints and the connections makes properly without any flaws. There are certain PROCEDURE FOR DPT TEST ON TRUSS. The Welding is the major connection of the members. This welding makes to connect the member strongly. It should be free from all the Defects.
This Dye Penetration Testing has different names,
- Liquid Penetrate Inspection ( LPI )
- Dye Penetrant Inspection ( DPI )
- Penetration Testing ( PT )
It is a simple test. And easy test to identify the discontinuities in the welding joints. Using this DPT TEST ON TRUSS MEMBERS all the surface defects and the flaws are easily identify and rectify. This test carries out without difficulties. This is one of the oldest test for identification of the defects of welding in truss joints and the connections.
PROCEDURE FOR DPT TEST ON TRUSS
There are some important Procedures for DPT test in truss components. The PROCEDURE FOR DPT TEST ON TRUSS are as follows,
- Pre Cleaning
- Drying After Cleaning
- Penetrant Application
- Removal of Excess Penetrant
- Developer Application
1. Pre Cleaning
- The specimen to test (welding joints) cleans for applying of the Dye.
- It must be free from dirt, dust, paint, oil, grease, rust, and the other foreign materials.
2. Drying After Cleaning
- The cleaned surface allows to dry for two to three minutes.
3. Penetrant Application
- The penetrant applies to the surface of the welding connections and the joints.
4. Penetrant Dwell
- The penetrant dwells three to five minutes on the surface.
5. Removal of Excess Penetrant
- Remove the excess penetrant from the surface.
- Make the penetrant sink into the cracks, pores, fractures, pinholes, porosity, potholes.
7. Developer Application
- Apply a thin layer of the white developer above the penetrant.
8. Indication Development
- The Defects and the flaws develops and clearly visible on to the surface of welding.
- The Inspections performs after a minimum time period of ten minutes under the necessary lighting conditions.
- The discontinuities in welding joints evaluates and marks for the rectification works.