The RECTIFICATION OF FLAWS IN PEB USING DPT TEST are discuss in this post. The use of PEB is highly economical and Eco friendly. By the application of this we can save the natural resources. It has numerous advantages.
The joining and fixing of I-shape members makes as I-beams and columns. These forms by welding the steel plates together. And connects through bolts. And forms an entire frame of the Pre-engineered building. It reduces the Construction cost and time of Mass buildings. And the Heavy structures. The Welding is the major connection of all the members. This welding makes to connect the member strongly. It should be free from all the Defects.
To confirm the proper welding connections in the members to form a strong Connection many tests performs like, DPT,etc.
The Dye Penetration Testing (DPT) is a test uses to identify the discontinuities in welding joints in PEB members.
Dye Penetration Testing has many names like,
- The Liquid Penetrate Inspection
- The Penetration Testing
It is a simple test. And a easy test to identify the discontinuities in welding joints. Using this method all the surface defects and the flaws are easily identify and rectify. This test carries out without difficulties. This is one of the oldest test for identification of the defects in PEB members.
RECTIFICATION OF FLAWS IN PEB USING DPT TEST
The rectification methods for improper welding are as follows.
- The imperfections fix by welding, chipping and grinding.
- The minor imperfections grinds and finishes.
- Only major imperfections welds and repairs.
- The affected areas chips(Excavates) up to a minimum depth.
- Removing all sharp notches, hollow gaps, holes,etc,.
- The affected and repaired areas welds again properly.
- And after welding it grinds to obtain a complete and proper connections without sharp notches, holes etc,.
These are some of the methods and process for fixing of imperfections in the welding joints.