PENETRON ADMIX method is to protect concrete in most critical environments. PENETRON ADMIX becomes an integral part of the concrete. Easily mixed during batching and unaffected by climatic conditions & increase the lifespan of concrete structures by 60%.
PENETRON ADMIX performance highlights
- Resists high hydrostatic pressure
- Provides ‘self-healing’ capabilities for cracks up to 0.4 mm
- Enhances the compressive strength of concrete
- Non-toxic and contains no VOCs
- Resists chemical attacks
- reduces chloride penetration and carbonation
- Effectively counters alkali-silica reaction
- Prevents corrosion of reinforcement steel
- Not a vapor barrier; allows concrete to breathe
- Protects against sulfate attack.
- Add Ready-Mix Concrete PENETRON ADMIX at the batching plant.
- Add PENETRON ADMIX to drum of the ready-mix truck.Add 60-70% of the required water along with 136-227 kg of aggregate.
- Mix the materials for 2-3 minutes to ensure even distribution of PENETRON ADMIX.
- Add the balance of materials to the ready-mix truck using standard batching practices.
The PENETRON ADMIX benefits
- Increases durability and life-span of concrete by 60 years or more
- Eliminates the need for any surface-applied protection systems
- Saves money—lifetime concrete protection
- Maximizes time on the construction site
- Doesn’t require specific W/C or cement content to perform
- Easy to mix into the concrete at batching.
- Non-staining tracer ensures quality and performance
- Soluble bag packaging eliminates measuring and simplifies mixing
How it works
- Add PENETRON ADMIX to the concrete at the time of batching. This disperses the PENETRON chemicals homogenously throughout the mix.
- PENETRON active ingredients react with water to form insoluble crystals, which fill cracks, pores, and voids up to a width of 400 microns. PENETRON ADMIX is an integral part of the concrete matrix; crystalline growth takes place throughout the concrete structure.
- Water molecules (and harmful chemicals) can no longer pass through the concrete.
- This avoids the buildup of vapor pressure.
- In absence of moisture, the PENETRON components lay dormant. At any time, the sealing process resumes automatically, providing a fully self-healing concrete.