The duties of QUALITY ENGINEER IN TRUSS BUILDINGS discuss in this post. A team of Truss Buildings builds a good quality Structure. And forms a strong buildings. A Team works together to construct and finish the structure. He takes care of the Quality Assurance, control. And ensures that the structure constructs as per the standards. He conducts inspections, detect flaws and rectify it. And makes all the testing on all the members. The testing makes to check all the materials.
TRUSS is a straight connection member of structural element triangular in shape. It makes by welding multiple structural elements together to form a single component or single Structure known as Truss. It uses to carry heavy loads and acts like load transfer Structure. For these reasons it is important to make sure all the welding at joints and the connections makes properly.
There are certain procedures and steps to identify the defects. This test carries to detect the cracks, fractures, pinholes, porosity, and the potholes in the Truss. The Welding is the major connection of the members. This connects the member strongly. It should be free from all the Defects. It is important to make sure that, all the welding makes properly without any defects.
At execution, many process carries out for building the structures. And all safety procurers follows to make a safe and fast erection. The assembly of main members and erection process carries by a team. This makes to reduce the construction time and the cost of the project. They are responsible for all the construction activities.
QUALITY ENGINEER IN TRUSS BUILDINGS
The duties of Quality Engineer in truss buildings are as follows,
- He is the in-charge of the total quality assurance and quality control of the entire site.
- It is his responsibility to check all the incoming materials.
- Conducts the DPT tests on the Truss members.
- Identifies all the defects and the damages in the structural members.
- Rectifying all the defects with proper methods with the correct equipment and materials.
- To serve the client with all the necessary information of the test reports and the results.
- Collects and maintain the records of Material Testing Reports
- Checking and maintaining Material test certificates (MTC) from the suppliers and the vendors.
- Checks all the reports and the documents submits by the Site Engineers.
- Checks all the welding in connections of members and joints.
- Giving clearance to proceed the erection.
- Makes the technical inspections on all the materials.
- Maintaining of the proper usage and the consumption of all materials.
- Prepares the checklists for each and every activity on the site.
- Giving training for the Engineers and to train the labours.